Why this course?
This course offers a practical, evidence-based understanding of Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD). The course consists of three units, concerning the understanding of the diagnosis, the problems in DCD, and early intervention in DCD. By the end of the course, participants will have acquired knowledge of the following:
1) What are the DSM 5 criteria of Developmental Coordination Disorder?
2) What are the main problems in Developmental Coordination Disorder in Children?
3) What are the main problems in Developmental Coordination Disorder as Adults?
4) How does it present in Preschool Children
5) How does it present in School-age children?
6) What teachers and schools should do to help with Developmental coordination disorder?
7) How to discuss strengths and weaknesses with the child?
8) How to build confidence and improve the resilience of the child?
9) Ideas to implement an early intervention in DCD.
After successful enrollment, this would be added to your courses. You can access your courses in the following ways :